Bloomer VFW & American Legion
Marin A. Treptow, American Legion, Post 295 PO Box 71, Bloomer WI 54724 715-568-5854
James Quinn, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 6175
Bloomer, WI - Activities Profile
Monthly meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month starting at 7:00 P.M. at the Veteran’s Memorial Clubhouse. The annual Christmas Party serves as the December meeting.
Current Officers of the American Legion:
- Commander: Dennis Rubenzer
- 1st Vice-Commander: Jerry Davis
- 2nd Vice-Commander: Marvin Zwiefelhofer
- 3rd Vice-Commander: Marvin Weber
- 4th Vice-Commander: Len Sinz
- Adjutant: Jim Hudacek
Current Officers of the Veterans of Foreign Wars:
- Commander: Gordy Johnson
- Quartermaster: Jim Zwiefelhofer
- Conduct burial services with including presentation of flag display case.
- Host Memorial Day Services and reception.
- Participate in local parades.
- Participate in Veteran’s Day Program.
- Conduct American flag disposal ceremony.
- Sponsor Scouts.
- Sponsor Bloomer American Legion Baseball team.
- Present American Legion Citizenship Award at high school graduation.
- Provide an annual scholarship to a graduating senior.
- Coordinate a display booth during the Bloomer Fair.
- Provide Color Guard within the Bloomer community upon request.
- Conduct a Fourth of July ceremony to local nursing homes.
- Participate in the Love Light Tree.
- Co-host an annual Christmas party.
- Provide Flags for Main Street.
- Sponsor two Bloomer High School students for attendance at Badger Boys State.
- Coordinate area Blue Star Banner Program.
- Comradeship with other veterans.
- Send monthly care package to area service members experiencing combat deployment.
- Assist with community Mission Welcome Home.
- Host an annual benefits update meeting with Chippewa County Veterans Service Officer.
- Provide subscription of Legion magazine for the Bloomer Library.
- Participate in an annual community service project.
- Host County American Legion meeting during the month of April
- Contribute financial support to Girl Scouts, United Way, and others
- Support the Northern Wisconsin Veterans Cemetery
- Attend district and state conferences
- Lobby public officials for Veterans Affairs
- State and National magazines
- Reduced rates on insurance, motels, and car rentals
Working with other community members, the American Legion is promoting the development of a Veterans Memorial/Tribute for the Bloomer area. The project involves public relations, planning development of an appropriate site, designing an appealing memorial, construction labor, and fund-raising. For more information on the Veteran's Memorial, please visit: Bloomer Veterans Memorial